Using Content Rules
What is a content rule?
A content rule will automatically perform an action when certain events (known as "triggers") take place. For example, you can set up a content rule to send an email (the action) whenever certain (or any) content is added to a specific folder (the trigger).
Other use cases for content rules
- Move content from one folder to another when that content item is published
- Send email when a content item is deleted
- Delete content after a certain date
Who can set up and use content rules?
Site Manager permissions are required to in order to set up and apply content rules. In the ZMI "Content rules: Manage rules" is the permission related to being able to access the content rules configuration pages.
What are the triggers and actions that come with Plone 3.0?
The following general triggers are available by default:
- Object added to this container
- Object modified
- Object removed from this container
- Workflow state changed
The following actions are available by default: